New Schedule Command
With the command "New Schedule" you create your own schedules in Tables. You have access to all - yes, really all - the parameters we find in the Revit database. We also provide you with your own parameters, such as the top edge of an Element or the door opening direction, which are not directly available as parameters in Revit. These parameters, which we determined from the Revit geometry or internal properties, are called "Feature" parameters in Tables.
You create your own schedule in Tables similar to Revit. Select any cell in Tables and your schedule will be inserted from here on. After you clicked the command "New Schedule", a selection dialog opens, in which you can select the desired category or multiple categories.
Note, and very important: In contrast to Revit's own schedules, Tables strictly differentiates between instance and type lists! You create schedules of instances with the command "New Schedule"; type schedules will be created via "New Type List".
Workflow Create your own Instance - Schedule:
- Select the cell with which your Schedule should start (the selected cell defines the insertion position of the upper left corners of your Tables - xlsx table)
- Click the command "New Schedule" ("Revit" ribbon, panel "Schedules")
- Select your element category(ies)
- Choose your desired fields or parameters: in the Table Edit dialog window in the tab "Fields" you have access to all parameters we can find in the Revit database - and more 😉. You can use filters to select your desired parameters. By double-clicking on the desired parameters or by clicking on the plus symbol you can select the parameters for your Schedule.
- Add filters, groupings or format styles to your list, according to your wishes with the respective properties in the table editing dialog
- Click OK and your schedule will be created
All the other lists like Type list, Material takeoffs or the ones in the "Special Lists" command are created the same.
Article is closed for comments.