You can import existing schedules in Revit to Tables using the Import Schedule commands. Both the parameters and the structure of the schedules (filters, sorting and grouping etc) are taken into account.
With Tables you can import:
- regular schedules like building element schedules, view schedules, sheet schedules etc
- Key Schedules
- Material Takeoff schedules
Note: Calculated and combined parameters cannot be imported at the moment. However, you can use Tables own command "Calculated Parameters".
Workflow "Import Schedule":
- Select the cell in which your schedule should start (the selected cell defines the insertion position of the upper left corners of your Tables - xlsx table)
- Click the command "Import Schedule" ("Revit" ribbon, panel "Schedules") if you want to import a regular schedule or use the a drop-down menu (small arrow on the right side of the command) for the import of key schedules or material takeoff schedules
- Choose your Schedule (remember, there is a builtin filter) and
- Confirm the selection dialogue with OK. Ready!
Workflow Import of an existing Revit Schedule into Tables
Once the Schedule is imported, the values can be edited and written back to the Revit model using the "Apply" command.
Note: If you make changes in Tables to the structure of your imported schedule - e.g. by adding more parameters via the "Edit Table" command, only the changed parameter values are written back to the model, you cannot currently change the structure of the Revit Schedule in Tables.